America’s presidential voting day is Tuesday, November 3rd. This year, there are many important races to watch – for example, the race between Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton and Republican nominee Donald Trump. But which races should you be paying attention to on election day?
Every four years, Americans have the opportunity to vote for their favorite candidate for president. This year, they will have the choice between six different candidates. Here is a list of each candidate and their main policy points:
Hillary Clinton – Clinton is a longtime advocate for women’s rights and has been involved in politics for over twenty years. She wants to make sure that all Americans have access to affordable healthcare and college tuition. Her main policy point is her support for expanding Social Security and reforming the tax system.
Donald Trump – Trump is a businessman who has spent his life in the business world. He is known for his inflammatory rhetoric and harsh criticism of other politicians. His main policy point is his plan to build a wall along the US-Mexico border and repeal many of Obama’s regulations.
Gary Johnson – A former governor of New Mexico, Johnson supports limited government and free markets. He is most popular for his marijuana legalization policies and reductions in tax rates.
Ted Cruz – Cruz is a senator from Texas who has been outspoken about his conservative beliefs. He wants to reduce the size of government, repeal Obamacare, and cut taxes. His main policy point is his support for eliminating the IRS and reducing federal spending.
Bernie Sanders – Sanders is a senator from Vermont who is known for his progressive policies. He wants to provide free college tuition, make healthcare affordable, and reduce the income gap between rich and poor. His main policy point is his support for raising taxes on the wealthy and implementing strong environmental regulations.
What to do on voting day
On voting day, there are a few things that you can do to make sure that your vote is counted.
As with most battles, the best way to win this war is by turning out and voting. The first step is to become a registered voter which can be done online or in person. The next step is in the information that you will find on the FEC website, which is the official agency of routine federal elections.
You should also bring identification with you when you go to the polls. This includes your driver’s license, passport, military ID, or voter registration card. If you don’t have any of these documents, you can still vote if you can prove your identity with other documents such as a bank statement or pay stub.
Finally, try to arrive at the polls as early as possible. The longer lines will mean that your vote will be counted sooner.
Results of the Presidential Election
The presidential election is finally over! After a long and bitter campaign, Americans have spoken and President-elect Donald Trump has been chosen to lead the United States of America.
While this is definitely good news for Trump, it’s not the end of the world. In fact, many people are already looking forward to his inauguration on January 20th.
Of course, all of this was made possible by the votes that were cast on November 8th. Now that the election is over, it’s time to learn about the results.
Here are some key points to know about voting in America:
1. Every adult citizen in the United States is allowed to vote. This includes people who are currently serving jail time or who are living overseas.
2. You don’t have to be a registered voter to cast your vote. In fact, you can vote even if you’re not registered with any political party. Just make sure that you’re registered in your state’s voter registry.
3. You can vote by mail or in person. However, you should note that some states allow only registered voters to cast ballots by mail. In other words, you’ll need to go to your local polling station if you want to vote in person.
4. The election is decided by who gets the most votes. This means that you don’t have to choose between the two candidates who receive the most votes in your state. You can vote for whoever you want, regardless of who they are campaigning for.
5. There are a number of different ways to cast your vote. You can vote by mail or in person, or you can cast your ballot online.
6. You don’t need to be registered with a political party in order to vote. In fact, many people choose to vote without being affiliated with any particular political party.
7. Voting is an important part of American democracy. By voting, you help decide which candidate will be elected president, and you also have the opportunity to voice your opinion on various political issues.
What happens after the election is over
After the election is over, the votes are counted and the winners are announced. The president is usually the candidate who receives the most votes. However, there is one exception to this rule – in the case of a tie between two candidates. In this situation, the president is chosen by Congress.
Congress has the power to choose any candidate it wants as president. This means that, even if a candidate doesn’t receive the most votes, they can still become president if Congress chooses them. This happened in 2000 when George W. Bush was chosen as president despite not receiving the most votes.
With just a few months to go before the presidential election of 2024, it’s important to keep up with all the news and updates. In this article, we took a look at some of the key events that are likely to happen on voting day, as well as some predictions about who is most likely to be elected. So whether you’re planning on voting or not, make sure you stay informed!