Key Facts About Ron Desantis
Ron Desantis is a Republican who is running for the U.S. House of Representatives in Florida’s 2nd Congressional District against Democratic nominee Alan Grayson.
1. Ron Desantis was born on March 9, 1958, in Melbourne, Florida.
2. He attended the University of Miami and earned a degree in law enforcement from the school in 1984.
3. After graduation, Desantis worked as a police officer for several years in Broward County, Florida.
4. In 1990, he began working as a special agent with the U.S. Customs Service, where he specialized in narcotics investigations.
5. In 2002, Desantis entered politics and was elected to the Brevard County Commission. He served on that body until 2008.
6. That year, Desantis was elected to the Florida House of Representatives, serving until 2012.
7. In 2013, Desantis was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, defeating incumbent Democrat Alan Grayson by a wide margin in November’s election.
8. In the U.S. House of Representatives, Desantis serves on the Committee on Natural Resources and the Committee on Homeland Security.
9. He is also a member of the conservative Republican Study Committee and the Republican Main Street Partnership.
10. In September 2018, it was announced that Desantis would run for the U.S. House of Representatives in Florida’s 2nd Congressional District against Democratic nominee Alan Grayson.
The Candidates in the Ron Desantis Race
The Ron Desantis race is one of the most important races in Florida this year. This is because it is a key test for the future of the GOP in the state.
The candidates in the race are Ron DeSantis, Andrew Gillum, and Gwen Graham.
Ron DeSantis is a former Navy officer and congressman from Florida’s ninth district. He is known for his conservative views and his support of Donald Trump.
Andrew Gillum is a former Tallahassee mayor who has been involved in politics for many years. He is considered to be a progressive candidate and his main focus is on issues like education and healthcare.
Gwen Graham is a former congresswoman from South Carolina. She has spent her entire career in politics and she has strong ties to the Democratic Party.
What is at Stake in the Ron Desantis Race?
The Ron Desantis race is a key Congressional election in Florida. If Ron Desantis is able to win, it would be a major victory for the pro-Trump movement in the state.
Ron Desantis has long been a staunch supporter of President Donald Trump. He has made numerous appearances on Fox News and other pro-Trump media outlets, and he has repeatedly defended Trump’s policies.
If Ron Desantis is able to win in November, it will show that pro-Trump candidates can win in traditionally blue states. It will also send a message to Republicans across the country that they can win in districts that are considered Democratic strongholds.
If Ron Desantis is unsuccessful, it will show that the pro-Trump movement is not as strong in Florida as people thought. It could also lead to questions about whether Trump is really capable of moving the Republican Party forward in key areas.
The Candidates in the Ron Desantis Race: A Summary
In the Ron DeSantis race for Florida Governor, there are three candidates vying for the Republican nomination. The first two candidates are DeSantis himself, and Adam Putnam, the current Lieutenant Governor of Florida. The third candidate is John Cox, who is a Trump-endorsed businessman and former California State Assemblyman.
DeSantis has been endorsed by President Donald Trump, and Putnam has the support of both Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. Cox has no political experience, and his sole endorsement comes from Fox News commentator Sean Hannity.
The first two candidates have vastly different backgrounds. DeSantis is a Marine Corps veteran and former law enforcement, officer. Putnam is a wealthy businessman who has been involved in politics for many years. Cox is a business owner who has never held public office before.
The main issue in the campaign is healthcare. All three candidates want to repeal Obamacare, but DeSantis and Putnam would replace it with something different while Cox would keep most of the features of Obamacare but changes some of the terms. Other issues that are being debated in the campaign include taxes, gun laws, education, crime, and climate change.
The Ron DeSantis race is one of the most contentious races in the Florida Governor’s race. DeSantis is a strong supporter of President Donald Trump, and Putnam is likewise a Trump-endorsed politician. Cox has no political experience, and Hannity is his only endorsement. The main issue in the campaign is healthcare; all three candidates want to repeal Obamacare but would replace it with something different. Other issues that are being debated in the campaign include taxes, gun laws, education, crime, and climate change.
As we approach the 2020 election, it’s important to pay attention to Ron DeSantis’ vision for our country. His platform is centered around fiscal responsibility, strong national security, and his commitment to personal liberty. Just as importantly, DeSantis has a clear understanding of Florida’s economy and how it needs to be restructured in order to compete globally. I encourage you to learn more about his candidacy and cast your ballot for Ron DeSantis on November 3rd!